Friday 27 August 2021

Daffodil day 2021

 Happy Daffodil day everyone!

Today is daffodil day, the annual fundraiser for the cancer society. To acknowledge the day Georgia arrived at our Goole Zoom meet dressed up entirely in yellow and orange!  You are a star Georgia for remembering this important day and bringing fun to our meeting. 

Later in the day, Georgia and her Mum Tara, made some truly impressive 'Daffodil lockdown art'. They used corrugated iron, an angle grinder and spray paint to create this enormous daffodil, proudly standing at the end of their driveway.  Incredible effort Georgia and Tara.


I picked a big bunch of daffodils to remember all the loved ones in my life that have been effected by cancer.




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Room 4,
    I loved see you dressed up in yellow for Daffodil Day!
    The daffodil art is amazing! If I drive to Matawai will I be able to see it from the main highway?
    I dressed up as well. You can see my photos here
    I hope all is well in your bubbles.
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about